Tenancies in a time of COVID: an update – webinar 8th June 2021
Posted on 9th June 2021
By Laura Smallwood & Luke Trim
Six months on from their webinar ‘Possession proceedings: where are we now?’ Laura and Luke reviewed the current situation and recent changes in relation to possession and other remedies, including case law on commercial tenants’ ‘COVID-19 defences’ to claims for arrears of rent and service charges, and potential replacements for the forfeiture moratorium due to expire at the end of June.
Topics covered included:
- Possession proceedings in practice under the PD 55C regime;
- New notice periods for residential tenancies from 1st June 2021;
- Restrictions on other landlords’ remedies;
- Issues relating to notices seeking possession (Form 3);
- Commercial tenants’ COVID-19 defences;
- What next for commercial forfeiture for non-payment of rent?
If you would like to be sent the slides or have any questions about this webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article has been provided free of charge for information purposes only. Although care is taken to ensure the information is accurate no responsibility is assumed by the author or any member of Guildford Chambers for reliance on the content or the accuracy of such content. The information, and/or commentary, does not constitute legal advice and if you have a legal dispute you should seek advice from a solicitor or barrister about your case. Accordingly, no member of Chambers shall be responsible for any action you take or refrain from taking in reliance of anything in this article or case summary.