Called to Bar:
1996 Middle Temple
Virgo Fidelis School
LLB (Hons) South Bank University
LLM (Distinction) University College of London
Inns of Court School of Law, London
Sophia has developed an extensive and respected practice in both public law and private law matters. She has undertaken all aspects of such work in the family courts, including the High Court for parents, the Official Solicitor and Children’s Guardians.
She has been involved in complex matters including contested care/placement hearings, removals from the jurisdiction and finding of fact hearings, including non-accidental injury cases and cases involving allegations of sexual, physical abuse, neglect and substance misuse. She has cross examined expert witnesses in various areas of expertise. In private law cases she has been involved in complex cases of intractable hostility and leave to remove cases in and out of the UK.
She is regularly instructed in cases which feature the following :
Private law proceedings
- child arrangement orders.
- specific issue/prohibited steps applications.
- enforcement issues.
- complex cases involving multiple parties, expert evidence, jurisdictional issues, risk assessments, international relocation and involvement of a children’s Guardian.
Public law proceedings
- care, supervision and placement proceedings.
- special guardianship.
- complex cases involving expert evidence, non-accidental injuries, neglect and sexual abuse.
- domestic violence (non-molestation order).
Family Law Bar Association
Sophia accepts Direct Access instructions.