Called to Bar:
1977 Middle Temple
- Public Sector – Environmental
LL.B. (Hons.) (U.C.L)
Public Sector – Environmental
- Rosalind writes on aspects of environmental and environmental health law. Her most recent publications include Food Safety Enforcement published in 2005 by Chadwick House Publishing and Statutory Nuisance: Law and Practice published in 2002 by Oxford University Press. Both were written with co-author John Pointing. She is currently writing a book: Environmental Product Policy: a legal perspective to be published by Ashgate Publishing in 2006.
- Rosalind is also an associate member of the Centre for Environmental Strategy, University of Surrey.
- Rosalind is regularly invited to speak at national and international conferences on environmental law and policy. She sits on an expert research review panel for the Belgian Federal Office for Scientific, Technical and Cultural Affairs.
- She organises continuing professional training (www.surrey.ac.uk/Law/cpd) for environmental and commercial lawyers and environmental health professionals at the University of Surrey.
Areas of research interest
- Environmental Health Law
- Environmental Law
- Food Safety Enforcement Chadwick House Publishing, 2005, with Pointing, J. (ISBN 1-904306-07-1)
- Statutory Nuisance: Law and Practice Oxford University Press; 2002, with Pointing, J., 386 and xlvii pp.; ISBN 19-924456-1)
- Guidebook to Environmental Law, (Sweet & Maxwell; 1994; 259 and xxx pp.; ISBN 0-421-51350-0)
- Prosecuting Food Safety Act Offences, 1993, (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, London ), with L.W. Blake and J. Pointing.
Book chapters and contributions to books
- Polymers, the Environment and Sustainable Development
Azapagic, A., Emsley, A, and Hamerton, I. , Wiley 2003
- Suing in Private Nuisance: the Rights of the Property Owner
‘Contemporary Property Law’, Ashgate Publishing, 1999, ed. Jackson and Wilde
- The Polluter Pays
- ‘The Reform of Property Law’, Dartmouth Publishing Ltd., 1997, ed. Jackson and Wilde
- Environmental Product Policy: a new regulatory paradigm for a consumer society
European Environmental Law Review (May 2005)
- Ecolabels and Electric Monks
by Roland Clift, Rosalind Malcolm, Henrikke Baumann, Lucy Connell, and Gareth Rice for Journal of Industrial Ecology (2005)
- Statutory Nuisance: The Validity of Abatement Notices
Journal of Planning and Environment Law (2000)
- Risk Assessment and Environmental Litigation
- (with L.W.Blake) in Interdisciplinary Environmental Review Anthology (2000)
- Statutory Nuisance: Enforcement Issues and the Meaning of ‘Prejudice to Health’
Environmental Law Review 1 (1999)
- Statutory Nuisance in England and Wales
Interdisciplinary Environmental Review Anthology 1999 (ed. D.Kanterelis)
- Integrated Product Policy: a new European paradigm for regulating waste?
Waste: the Social Context. May 2005, Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence, University of Alberta , Canada.
- Consumerism and European environmental product developments