Called to the Bar
1987 Middle Temple
Cambridge University, Queens’ College, MA (Classics)
City University, Diploma in Law
Inns of Court School of Law, The Bar Examination
Middle Temple Benefactors Scholarship
Laura accepts instructions in residential, commercial and agricultural landlord and tenant law, as well as the law of real property more generally. She returned to practice and to Guildford Chambers in March 2020 after a break from the Bar during which she was an assistant commissioner for the Boundary Commission for England and a pro-bono advisor to an agricultural charity.
Laura’s recent cases have related to the following areas:
- Residential possession proceedings under common law and statutory regimes including the Housing and Rent Acts;
- Termination of licence and trespass claims;
- Service charges;
- Commercial lease renewal under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954;
- The Rent (Agriculture) Act 1976;
- Rights of way and boundaries.
Since 2014 she has sat on the Independent Agricultural Appeals Panel, hearing appeals against decisions of the Rural Payments Agency in relation to the Basic Payment Scheme and agri-environment schemes under the EU Common Agricultural Policy.
- Member of the Property Bar Association
- Member of the Independent Agricultural Appeals Panel.
- Assistant Commissioner for the Boundary Commission for England in the 2018 Review of parliamentary constituencies.
Away from work she has a keen interest in rural matters and breeds pedigree Ryeland sheep.