Guildford Chambers offers specialist advice and advocacy in individual and collective Employment Law.
Our barristers appear in Employment Tribunals across the country as well as the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the Court of Appeal in relation to employment matters.
We can offer advice and support in relation to both contentious and non-contentious employment law issues.
Our employment barristers act for both employers and employees in the private, public and voluntary sectors, in cases concerning:
- Advice about and drafting bonus, commission and other employee incentive schemes
- Compromise agreements
- Data protection in the workplace
- Director and senior executive severance
- Disciplinary hearings and grievances, in both the private and public sectors
- Discrimination, victimisation and harassment on grounds of race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, religion or belief
- Drafting contracts, policies and procedures
- Equal pay and other remuneration issues
- Health and safety
- Industrial action
- National Minimum Wage
- Parental and maternity rights
- Part-time work and atypical work arrangements
- References and recruitment issues
- Trade secrets, confidentiality, restrictive covenants and injunctive relief
- Trade union law
- Transfers of undertakings and employment aspects of outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal claims, including constructive dismissal
- Whistleblowing claims and public interest disclosures
- Working Time
- Workplace stress and personal injury at work
Training: Our Employment Team is also able to offer employment law training tailored to individual requirements and which is CPD accredited.
“Guildford Chambers represents instructing parties from the public, private and voluntary sectors in matters ranging from equal pay and industrial relations to workplace stress and unfair dismissal” Legal 500 – 2015 Edition