Called to Bar
1973 Gray’s Inn
Approved pupil master
- Jeffrey is a founding member and former head of Guildford Chambers
- Before joining chambers he was employed in the planning department of a District Council.
- His particular interest is in property rights, boundaries, easements, planning and local government work, with two cases recently being heard in the Court of Appeal (see below)
- Jeffrey sits as a legal assessor on fitness to practice panels for the General Medical Council & General Dental Council, providing added experience to chambers’ regulatory group.
- Jeffrey also sits on the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal on a regular basis.
Guildford Borough Council -v- Hein (2005)
- A local authority could not seek to stretch the powers of the Local Government Act 1972 s.222 in order to achieve something which was not actually achievable under that section
Civil Procedure – Local Government (2005) EWCA Civ 979
CA (Civ Div) (Waller LJ, Clarke LJ & Sir Martin Nourse) 27 July 2005
References: LTL 27/7/2005 (unreported elsewhere)
Document Number: Case Law – AC 0109281
McAdams Homes Ltd -v- Robinson & Anor (2004)
- Consideration of the relevant principles of governing the extent to which an easement, granted by implication of a conveyance, could still be enjoyed by the owner of the dominant land, who had redeveloped the land and thereby changed its use.
(2004) EWCA Civ 214
CA (Civ Div) (Neuberger LJ, Sir Martin Nourse) 27th February 2004
References: LTL 27.2.2004: Independent, March 9th 2004
Document No: Case Law – AC 0106657
- Legal member of the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
- Legal Assessor on General Medical Council and General Dental Council