Called to Bar:
1983 Inner Temple
Inns of Court School of Law, London
University of Hull
Hatfield Girls’ Grammar School
Claire is an experienced family law practitioner with proven skills in the day-to-day advocacy, preparation and management of ongoing actions as well as the giving of pre-action advice. A large proportion of the caseload involves interaction with clients in crisis situations.
- Acting in cases on both the private and public law aspects of the Children Act. The range of casework in public proceedings covers serious sexual abuse, non-accidental injury, emotional harm and neglect, poor parenting skills caused by mental illness or drug/alcohol dependency
- Acting for Local Authorities, Guardians, parents and grandparents in contested Care and Adoption proceedings, secure accommodation orders, special guardianship orders.
- Residence and Contact cases include both marital disputes and also long-running “implacable hostility” cases, together with applications on behalf of members of the extended family for contact and/or residence.
- Other cases involve the issue of contact to parents living abroad or wishing to reside permanently out of the jurisdiction.
- I regularly deal with cases of domestic violence, occupation of the matrimonial home, protection from harassment and enforcement of orders obtained in such cases.
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association.
Previously school governor of Ryeish Green School.
Social interests include rugby union, Tudor history, gardening and being an animal welfare volunteer.
Claire accepts Direct Access instructions.
VAT Number 529166627