Called to Bar
1985 Inner Temple
LLB (Hons) Southampton
Public Sector – Education
- Paula is experienced at advising and appearing before the SENDIST Tribunal in both disability discrimination claims and special educational needs appeals. Claims handled include: the provision of aural aids for a child with special educational needs, disability discrimination in the refusal of a school ski trip to a physically disabled pupil, and disability discrimination in examination conditions for an autistic spectrum disorder pupil. She is a contributing author in the 2nd edition of Jordan Special Educational Needs and The Law (main author Simon Oliver).
- In relation to admissions and exclusions Paula trains local admission authority’s Independent Appeals Panels and advises and represents parents at panel hearings.
- Paula has a paperwork practice in other areas of education law giving advice on matter such as school governance, school closures, transport and some higher education matters.
- Paula is a presenter at CPD seminars on Education both for Guildford Chambers and in collaboration with other well known course providers.
- Paula sees education law as an exciting and challenging area to practice in because the law is constantly changing and evolving. The recent overhaul of the tribunal rules applicable to SENDIST is a prime example.
- Family Law Bar Association; Designate.
- Co Author with Simon Oliver of “Enforcing Family Finance Orders” published by Jordon (2nd Edition Commissioned for Spring 2007)
- Atkins Court Forms, Education with other members of Guildford Chambers’ Education Team
- Contributing author to Special Educational Needs and The Law published by Jordan
Paula accepts Direct Access instructions.