Landlord & Tenant
We can assist at all stages of the landlord and tenant process from emergency applications through to appeals.
Guildford Chambers’ barristers have a record of success in defending landlords from unmeritorious claims and advising on lease/licence disputes, unlawful eviction, disrepair, leasehold valuation tribunal work, assured shorthold tenancy questions. Our specialist property barristers regularly appear in court on possession, disrepair and injunction claims.
In commercial property disputes, members of Guildford Chambers represent landlords and tenants in shop, warehouse and factory premises disputes, on lease/licence/trespasser disputes, rent, repairs, forfeiture and renewals claims.
We understand that landlord and tenant matters can require urgent attention, and our property barristers can provide advice on the telephone or urgent written advice if required. We can also assist with legal, tactical and procedural landlord and tenant advice, drafting and negotiation to reach a cost effective solution.
Our Landlord & Tenant work includes:
- Break clauses
- Proceedings under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Renewal of Leases
- Guarantees and Indemnities
- Possession Claims
- Rent Reviews
- Rent arrears based possession claims
- Squatters and interim possession claims
- Trespass and adverse possession
- Service Charges disputes
- Long Residential Leasehold disputes (including Leasehold Valuation Tribunal claims)
- Homelessness and Part VII Housing Act 1996
- Allocations and Part VI Housing Act 1996
- Judicial review
- Unlawful eviction
- Houses in Multiple Occupation